“Golden Plumb Awards” Meets The Sector For The 28th Time Under The Roof Of Building Catalog!
BUILDING CATALOG, which is the most reliable source of the construction industry in its 49-year history, aiming for architects, projects, and construction sites to meet with building material companies and obtain detailed information about the products, has assumed the mission to carry the building industry to an international dimension by organizing the GOLDEN PLUMB AWARDS as of 2020. The competition, the 26th edition of which was held for the first time in 2020 under the roof of "BUILDING CATALOG", and the 27th edition second time in 2021; continues to keep the pulse of the building sector, by being organized for the 28th time under the hosting of the BUILDING CATALOG in 2022.
As GOLDEN PLUMB International Building Catalog Awards program is nearly approaching its 30th year, it is an award program where companies, organizations, academic groups, research laboratories and entrepreneurs operating in the field of building materials in the Turkish construction industry can compete, it is an award program which also aims to increase its contribution to the development of the sector day by day by supporting products and products by providing new ideas, technology and products in the field of building materials. GOLDEN PLUMB International Building Catalog Awards, where the jury which consists of experts and sector professionals will be evaluating in 3 main categories as 'Innovative Product Award, 'Idea Award' and 'Communication and Marketing Award'.
The advantages that the award program will provide to its participants are as follows: to become competitive in the international arena; to be on a common platform for all companies; to increase brand awareness; to gain awareness in the sector and to develop communication networks for participants in the research and development phase that have not yet turned into a commercial product; to be supported by the BUILDING CATALOG annual media and promotion service; to establish a more interactive relationship with followers on social media; to introduce their brands to the “Architects of the Future”; to provide companies an opportunity to promote in both local and global channels thanks to broadcast partnerships; to take part in the BUILDING CATALOG MATERIAL BOOK - GOLDEN PLUMB AWARDS 2022.
GOLDEN PLUMB 2022 Jury Panel
The 2022 GOLDEN PLUMB jury panel, consisting of architects, academics, marketing, and digital marketing representatives, will once again have a say in certain categories.
- Prof. Dr. Ece Ceylan Baba / Yeditepe University Faculty of Architecture Dean, Head of Architecture Department
- Zafer Baysal / DAP Real Estate Development CEO
- Paolo Debiaggi / Architect, Lecturer at Politecnico di Milano Building Technologies Department
- Nida DeBusk / Project Managing Director, University of North Carolina Greensboro NCARB, AIA, LEED AP BD+C. CSI, CDT, GA-C.
- Durmuş Dilekci / Istanbul Freelance Architects Association Chairman of the Board, Ms. Architect, Dilekci Architecture (DDA)
- Kurtul Erkmen / Ms. Architect, KG Architects
- Ayşe Hasol Erktin / Architect, HAS Architecture
- Duygu Erten / Istanbul Medipol University Head of Climate Change, Energy and Health Department
- Gülçin İpek / Architect, Sector Expert
- Deniz Karabacak / Architect, Technology Consultant
- Ebru Ünver Karaer - Ms. Architect, ILTAY Architects
- Sibel Keyvan / Communication & Marketing Consultant
- Tayfun Küçükoğlu / Chairman of the Board of Association of Turkish Construction Material Producers
- Cengizhan Okur / Chairman of the Board of Association of Facade Industrialists and Business People
- Günseli Özen / Marketing Turkey Editor-in-Chief & Rota Publications Chairman of the Board
- Francesca Schepis / Architect, PhD, Lecturer at Mediterranean University of Reggio Calabria
- Prof. Dr. Hasan Şener / Istanbul Medipol University, Department of Architecture, Lecturer
- Prof. Dr. Leyla Tanaçan / ITU Faculty of Architecture Department of Architecture Lecturer
- Prof. Dr. Çiğdem Tekin / MSGSÜ Department of Architecture, Building Physics and Materials Department Lecturer
- Prof. Dr. Onuralp Yücel / ITU Faculty of Chemistry and Metallurgy, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Department Lecturer
Evaluation criterias of the award program: technological improvement in the production process of the proposed product; including highly innovative production processes and technologies; observing the ecological balance in production; creating new possibilities by giving a material a new feature; if product’s use in the building is still open to development; the contribution of the building system to the level of industrialization; energy saving in the production of the material, product’s application in buildings and the use of the building, sustainability; safety, robustness and durability; not having any harmful aspects to the environment and health during production and use; originality and innovation; design quality, aesthetics; relevance to context and social cohesion; details, production technology and quality; ergonomics, user orientation and functionality.
GOLDEN PLUMB 2022 Calendar
- Launching the competition: April 25th, 2022
- Early Submissions: April 25th – June 30th 2022
- Regular Submissions: July 1st – August 31st 2022
- Late Submissions: September 1st – October 1st 2022
- Last Day of Submissions: October 1st 2022, 17:00 Turkish Time
- Jury Evaluations: October 2022
- Company Presentations to Jury Panel: November 2022
- Award Show and Announcing the Winners: January 2023; Kaleseramik Conference Hall, Levent – İstanbul, TR
GOLDEN PLUMB 2022 Partners
Media Partners: Alu&Art, insaatnoktasi.com, Concepts & Projects, Marketing Turkey, Matek, Building Construction Magazine, Win&Art
Supporting Partners: Arcedior, BIMobject, Turkish Green Building Council, Association of Turkish Construction Material Producers, Association of Facade Industrialists and Business People, Association of Insulated Panel Manufacturers
For more information: [email protected]