Please click on "Offer Request" button below to send your offer and detailed information request to the company for the Autodesk | 3DS Max product.
• Text Tool
Add data-driven information to your scenes. Choose the level of control you need for your work: Edit an entire paragraph, word or individual letters. 3ds Max simplifies your 2D to 3D workflows when you copy text from Microsoft Word documents, preserving information such as font theme, font style, and characters. The powerful preset system also includes tilt and animation presets. Add presets to your favorites list or share them with other users. Custom value strings help you display custom information strings, such as the radius of a sphere and the speed of a vehicle in your scene.
• Geodetic Voxel and Temperature Map Skin
Build better skin weight in a very short time. Apply Geodetic Voxel and Heatmap skins outside of the Binding pose, or even in selected regions, to more easily refine weights at specific points. Geodetic Voxel Rendering can render complex geometries that are not waterproof and can contain immobile or overlapping components. This is common in real-world production patterns.
• Max Rendering Graph Animation Controls
Create animation controls in MOG using next-generation animation tools that you can create, modify, and package and share. Extension 1 includes 3 new MOG-based controls: LookAt Constraint, Ray to Surface Transform Constraint, and Rotation Spring Controller Create physically-based simulation controls with MOG and Bullet Physics engine instance integration.
• Camera Sequencer
Tell great stories by creating high-quality animated images, animations and cinematics more easily and with more camera control. Cut across multiple cameras, cut and rearrange animated clips without damaging them, leaving the original data unchanged.
• Double Quadruple Skin Application
Create better-looking characters with more realistic deformations. Avoid “bow” or “sugar pack” effects, where the weave loses volume as the deformers are twisted or turned and can commonly be seen on characters’ shoulders or wrists. This new option in the skin editor lets you paint the amount of effect the skin has on the surface; use where needed and thin to apply linear skins where not needed.
• Crowd Fill Animation
Build convincing moving or stationary crowds with ultimate control to enhance architectural presentations or pre-visualize a movie or video scene. In general public settings such as sidewalks, corridors, lobbies, and plazas, a number of animated characters can appear. Combine walkways with pedestrian flow templates with crowdsourcing tools.
• Refill Enhancements
Improved Crowd-filling provides increased artistic control, better realism, and improved usability. Give characters more believable walking, running, passing, turning and sitting behaviors. Impress your results by controlling more character building elements. Save textures for reuse, customization, and network sharing and viewing. Adapt the fill feature using the SDK (software development kit).
• Character Animation and Model Making Tools
Perform procedural animation and character model generation with CAT, bipeds, and crowd animation tools. Achieve more precise and gentle control of skeletal deformation using the skin conditioner and CAT Muscle. Build complex mechanical assemblies and characters with custom skeletons with 3ds Max bones, inverse kinematics (IK) solvers, and adaptive model generation tools. Connect unidirectional or bidirectional relationships between controllers to help create streamlined 3D animation interfaces.
• General Animation Tools
Use a wide range of keyframes and procedural animation tools for almost every parameter in your environment. View and edit animation trajectories directly in the viewport. Apply custom animation controls by linking UI elements such as sliders and spinners to an object's animated paths, and control multiple properties with a single slider. Use the Dump List to organize, scroll, move and measure keys or a set of keys in both time and value.
• Animated Deformers
Freehand Sketch, Regions of Impact, Bend, Displace, Mesh, Mirror, Noise, Physique, Repulsion, Contain, Relax, Ripple, Skin, Slice, Skew, Stretch, Sphereize, Compress, Rotate, Taper, Substitute, XForm and Wave modifiers to bring beings to life and simulate fluid effects. Earth Empty Space modifiers work on top of the regulating set and connect objects with animated world conditions such as surface, force, field, and aberrations. Use animated deformers on particles and other types of geometry.
• 3D Modeling and Patterning
- OpenSubdiv support: With new OpenSubdiv support first introduced in 3ds Max 2015 Extension 1, you can show subdivision surfaces in 3ds Max using Pixar's open source OpenSubdiv libraries. The libraries feature Microsoft Research technology and are designed to take advantage of both parallel CPU and GPU architectures. The result is faster in-viewport performance for meshes with high subdivision levels.
- Enhanced ShaderFX: Get more shading options and better shader interoperability between 3ds Max, Maya and Maya LT. Create a wider variety of procedural materials with new node templates: wavy lines, voronoi, simple noise, and brick. Create normal maps from 2D grayscale images with the new bump utility node. Quickly access shaders with the searchable node browser.
- Point cloud support: Import, visualize, capture and display multiple point cloud datasets to build more precise models with reference to the real world. Display point cloud plug-ins in true color in the viewport, interactively adjust the scope of the displayed cloud plug-in, and create new geometries in content by capturing point cloud vertices.
- ShaderFX: Easily create advanced HLSL viewport shaders with the ShaderFX real-time visual shader editor. Connect different nodes using an intuitive click-and-drag workflow. Choose from many powerful floating point values, math operations, texture map, normal map and color node. View the resulting materials in viewport in real time, including those containing animation values. In advanced mode, drill down into the inner workings of each core node.
- Placement tools: Easily position and orient an object relative to another object in your environment with the new Placement tools. Take advantage of intuitive automatic parenting and alignment behaviors. Move objects across the surface of other meshes as if under magnetic attraction. Return objects immediately as part of the same option.
- Quad-corner rounding: Create a rounded or beveled edge, rather than a triangle, between two four-cornered surfaces to eliminate jamming.
- Mesh and surface modeling: Efficiently create parametric and organic objects with polygon, parting surface, and curve-based modeling features. Work with over 100 advanced polygonal modeling and freehand 3D design tools in the graphite modeling toolset. Control the number of faces or points on your subject and reduce the complexity of a selection by up to 75% without losing detail, thanks to ProOptimizer technology. Get clean mesh topology in Boolean operations with ProBooleans.
- Texture work and montage: Perform creative texture mapping such as tiling, mirroring, decal placement, blurring, curve mapping, skin mapping, UV stretching and relaxation. The Least Squares Compatible Mapping (LSCM) method allows you to minimize texture distortion. Render each object's material and lighting into new texture maps with the View to Texture functionality. You can use up to 99 UV sets for texture layering. Upload vector graphics as texture maps to view in dynamic resolution
- Shading and material design: Provide exactly the look you want for your assets with specially designed tools that accelerate the shading and material design process. The extensive library of textures, images, and procedural maps in the sheet material editor lets you design and edit complex shading hierarchies. Paint multiple layers directly onto the map on any material on 3D objects with the intuitive View Area Canvas toolset.
- Vector map support: Load vector graphics as texture maps and view them in dynamic resolution. Zoom in as you need while graphics stay crisp and clear. Create richer and more dynamic CAD drawings with support for AutoCAD software and PAT software Scan Template files. Create textures that change over time with PDF support with animated page transitions. Supports AI (Adobe Illustrator), SVG and SVGZ formats.
- Polygon, curve and NURBS-based modeling: Unleash your creativity with the powerful ProOptimizer and over 100 advanced polygonal modeling and freehand drawing 3D design tools in the Graphite modeling toolset. Efficiently create parametric and organic objects with polygon, curve, and NURBS-based modeling capabilities. Clearly show fine details using splitting surfaces and polygon smoothing, and make the most of meshes for interactive moving and displaying.
• 3D Imaging
- A360 rendering support: Using the same technology as Revit and AutoCAD, 3ds Max 2016 has Autodesk A360 rendering support for Subscription customers. Because the A360 uses cloud computing, you can create stunning, high-resolution images without cluttering your desktop or requiring special imaging hardware. Create sunlight study images, interactive panoramas, lighting simulations. Redisplay images from previously uploaded files. Easily share your files with other people.
- Physical Camera: The new Physical Camera, co-developed with Chaos Group, has options to simulate real-life camera settings such as Lens Speed, Aperture, Depth of Field and Exposure. Enhanced controls and additional in-viewport feedback make it easy to create photorealistic images and animations.
- Support for new Iray and mental ray enhancements: Photorealistic imaging is made easier thanks to a number of supported Iray and mental ray enhancements such as Iray Light Path Expressions, Iray lighting imaging support, and Light Significance Sampling.
- Enhanced ActiveShade rendering: The ActiveShade preview rendering workflow supports mental ray, NVIDIA Iray, and scanline renderers. Interactively watch the effects of changing lighting or materials to enhance your work. Get more detailed updates by capturing viewport navigation and transition, adjustments to lighting parameters, and other environment changes more frequently.
- Faster viewport performance: Increase your interaction with fast navigation, selection, and viewport texture rendering. Learn the benefits of dense meshes and environments with multiple texture maps. Enable edge chip removal with minimal performance impact and work in a higher fidelity environment.
- Stereo Camera: Create 3D camera models to write more engaging fun content and design visualizations with the Stereo Camera feature set.
- Integrated visualization options: Get outstanding image quality in less time with powerful 3D imaging capabilities. Create physically accurate lighting effect simulations including ray-traced reflections and refractions, caustics, and global illumination with NVIDIA's integrated mental ray viewer. Get more predictable, photorealistic results using NVIDIA Iray imaging technology. Make interactive decisions about content with the ability to view many texture maps and materials in the viewport.
- Imaging migration system: Slice environments for system output defragmentation. Create imaging elements for Smoke software, After Effects, Photoshop, or major image compositing applications. Use a state recorder to capture, edit, and save different states of the environment, such as object modifiers. See how compositing and display elements link together to create the final result in a visual interface. You can set and apply multiple view transitions from a single file; You can change individual transitions without recreating the image of the entire environment.
- “Nitrous” accelerated graphics core: Iterate and process large datasets faster with limited impact on interaction. Accelerated GPUs and multi-core workstations provide greatly improved interactive performance and visual quality. Advanced scene management techniques and multi-use viewport media management make workflow easier and more responsive.
- Slab Merge Editor: Perform easy compositing operations inside 3ds Max using the Slab Merge Editor. You can easily link the displayed layers and transitions and combine them with merge nodes (such as blending and color corrections) in schematic node-based interfaces. You can send the resulting merge to Adobe After Effects or Adobe Photoshop for further retouching.
• Dynamics and Effects
- Particle Flow effects: Create advanced, realistic effects such as water, fire, spray and snow. Bring together up to 25 different sub-operators using the Advanced Data Routing toolset to create customized tools. Use mParticles to integrate Particle Stream setups into MassFX physics simulations. Iterate faster with 2 Cache operators: Cache Selective lets you store only certain types of data, while Cache Disk allows you to precompute and save Particle Stream simulations as separate files on disk.
- MassFX dynamic simulation solvers: The multi-threaded NVIDIA PhysX engine lets you create impressive, dynamic fixed body simulations with mRigids directly in the 3ds Max viewport. Apply mRigids solver to skeletons for compelling rag doll simulations. Create realistic clothing and fabric-like simulations with mCloth. Simulate natural and man-made forces, create and break particle bonds, collide particles with each other and with other objects with mParticles.
- Hair and fur effects: Manipulate hair and fur directly within viewports using selection and styling tools, such as trimming, brushing, and clump tools. Revitalize density and speed by adding twists and curls to hair. Sample any source object as hair strands. Use Curve Distort to add curves to a series of hairs, which acts as a control guide so hair can be poised, anchored or guided to a dynamic target. Create realistic dynamic simulations involving collisions, weight, stiffness, rooting and dampening.
- Exposure lighting simulation and analysis: Simulate and analyze sun, sky and artificial lighting in 3D architectural design with exposure lighting analysis technology. Measure light at a location by creating light metering grids of a shape. Create light intensity and indoor quality assessments similar to those required for LEED EQ Credit 8.1. Achieve more sustainable designs by predicting how light will interact with buildings.
• User interface, workflow and pipeline
- Game exporter: export data from 3ds Max (such as models, animations, character modeling, textures, materials, LODs, lights and cameras) to game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine and Stingray). It is the FBX exchange technology that enables this.
- Live connection: Download Stingray to take advantage of the new live connection between 3ds Max and the Stingray engine. Stingray offers a level of tool interaction that drastically reduces the time spent on scene creation, iteration, and testing.
- Better support for Stingray shaders: Get better support for physically-based shaders when working with ShaderFX enhancements. Easily import materials created in ShaderFx into Stingray and enjoy visual consistency across both tools.
- Integrated Creative Market 3D content store: Creative Market is an online store where you can buy assets to use in your projects, sell your own assets. You can now browse high-quality 3D content directly through the 3ds Max interface.
- Max Build Graph: This new node-based tool build environment is the most requested topic on our User Voiceforum, where our customers recommend and vote on features. Extend 3ds Max with geometric objects and modifiers by creating graphics in a visual environment similar to the sheet material editor. Choose from hundreds of node types (operators) that can be connected to create new tools and visual effects. Create new node types by saving graphs called Composites, package and share new tools, and help other users expand their toolkits.
• XRef innovations
Collaboration between teams and on the production pipeline is now easier with xref and non-destructive animation workflows with improved stability. Reference and animate objects externally in your environment, or edit the material in the xref object in the source file without having to combine the objects in the environment. Changes made to the source file are automatically exported to local environments.
• Environment Explorer and Layer Manager improvements
Working with complex scenes is now easier, thanks to increased performance and stability improvements in Environment Explorer and Layer Manager.
• Design Workspace
Design Workspace makes the key features of 3ds Max accessible so you can work with confidence. It's easier than ever to import design data to create compelling visuals. Design Workspace, which follows a task-based logic system; Provides easy access to product placement, lighting, viewing, modeling and patterning tools.
• Easier Revit and SketchUp workflows
Import and file link Revit RVT files into 3ds Max directly using a new, tighter Revit integration first introduced in 3ds Max 2015 Extension 2. Bring Revit models into 3ds Max up to 10x faster. New integration; It provides enhanced features such as enhanced sampling, additional BIM data, and multiple cameras. SketchUp users can take their designs further in 3ds Max by importing SketchUp 2015 files.
• Template system
Speed up your media creation with new optional templates that provide standardized initial configurations. Share templates across teams and offices with easy import/export options. Create new templates or adapt existing templates to your workflows. Built-in settings for imaging, environments, lighting and units provide more accurate project results.
• Alembic support
View large datasets in Nitrous Viewport and export them more easily in your production pipeline with new Alembic support. Work with production-proven technology and move complex data in a manageable form down the pipeline. The technology pulls complex animated and simulated data into a non-procedural and application-independent set of rendered geometry results.
• Multi-touch support
3ds Max 2016 features multi-touch 3D navigation that offers greater freedom when interacting with 3D content. The software supports Wacom Intuos 5 touchscreen tablet, Cintiq 24HD and Cintiq Companion as well as touch Windows 8 devices. These devices allow natural interactions while using a pen with one hand and simultaneous multi-finger gestures for media orbiting, panning, zooming and rotating with the other hand.
• User requested minor features (SURFs)
Small changes can make a big difference in a 3ds Max user's daily life. In 3ds Max 2016, we address as many as 10 workflow barriers identified by customers as high priority. These user-requested features include a new Image Area Selection Preview, Cut Tool Enhancements, and the ability to visualize hard and smooth edges. Request features and vote on existing recommendations using the User Voice forum.
• Advanced media management
Manage complex environments more easily with advances in Environment Explorers. Organize data into nested layers to make it easier to work with multiple objects. Quad menus as well as support for docking and Workspaces increase productivity.
• Configurable user interface
The user interface adapts to the way you work. For example, configure one workspace for modeling and configure another workspace to animate with different presets for the menu, toolbars, ribbon, and viewport tabs in each. You can easily create and switch between several tabbed viewport layout configurations to access the views required for a particular job. Save time and focus on the creative work at hand with Caddy, the in-context user interface for polygonal modeling tools.
• Flexible camera pairing
Interactively map the camera view of a scene to the perspective of a photo background, or use 2D pan and zoom for accurate string placement. Easily place a CG element in the context of a fixed frame photographic background for print and ad composites and visualize what the CG element would look like in a real-life setting to validate concepts. You can pan and zoom the viewport like a 2D image without affecting the camera position. This feature is useful in camera matching, creating a setting from outlines or detailed plans, and magnifying dense weaves for selection.
• Data transfer and communication line integration
Import data from many sources and easily transfer it between file replicas, software applications, users and locations. Enjoy enhanced interoperability with Photoshop software. Take advantage of bidirectional transfer and synchronization of cameras, lights, blank objects, flat objects/solids, image, image layering, blend mode, opacity, effects, and text objects with After Effects software.
• Merge Integration
Enhance the data displayed in 3D and combine it with the live view using the compositing options. Slice imaging elements into media for system output compositing in Smoke software, After Effects, Photoshop software, or major image compositing applications. You can perform easy compositing directly inside 3ds Max using the node-based interface, the Plate Merge Editor. Combiner offers a multi-featured, high-performance, high-dynamic-range (HDR) composite based on technology from Toxic compositing software. The 3ds Max Merge toolset combines image overlay, color correction, tracking, camera mapping, raster and vector painting, curve-based warping, motion blur, depth of field, and tools to support stereoscopic productions.
• Civil View feature set
Turn complex civil engineering design geometry into precise and compelling 3D design visualizations more quickly and efficiently with the Civil View feature set. Civil View allows you to achieve stunning results even if you don't have much or detailed 3ds Max knowledge, thanks to easy, model-driven functionality and an extensive library of parametric objects and materials for civil engineering. Civil View dynamically links to data from major software products such as 3D civil engineering software and Bentley MXROAD software. When design changes are required, it allows design visualizations to be more easily refreshed and changed in tandem. Civil View supports Iray and Quicksilver imaging solutions for faster results and simplified setup.
• AutoCAD and Revit interoperability
Benefit from more efficient data exchange with AutoCAD and Revit software. Import Revit files (.RVT) directly into 3ds Max. Take advantage of lighting and natural lighting system support and exposure control available in the importer for AutoCAD files.